How To Use Video Marketing To Promote Your Law Firm?
Content marketing is considered the best way to engage customers and onboard new clients. Text-based content is considered the most popular form of content businesses use to promote their services through the internet.
However, The type of content users consume is increasingly shifting to video. It doesn’t mean that written content is no longer valuable; it’s just that video is considered a great medium to trigger the audience and encourage them to take the desired action. Online workshops, YouTube channels, webinars have become the new normal globally, and it’s no different for the legal industry.
According to Hubspot, 92% of marketers said that video was an integral part of their marketing strategy in 2020. It has grown from 78% in 2015, showing that the value of video is only growing.
Video marketing for lawyers and law firms is one of the latest trends in the legal marketing realm in 2021. However, most lawyers do not understand how they can effectively use video marketing to improve their digital visibility.
Following Are Some Fascinating Statistics About Video Marketing:
1. 93% of marketers who use video say it’s an integral part of their marketing strategy.
2. 83% of video marketers say video has helped increase their visitors’ average time on web pages.
3. 84% of customers say they are convinced to buy a product or service by watching a brand’s video.
4. 87% of video marketers stated YouTube had been an integral part of their video marketing efforts.
Benefits Of Video Marketing For Law Firms and Lawyers:
1. Educating the potential client – Informative videos can help in expanding the reach and factoring in potential clients. Most people google about their legal problems before contacting lawyers or a law firm.
Therefore, it’s an opportunity to educate the prospect about their issues. For example, a short video explaining a legal concept or a pertinent legal issue is just the suitable capsule that prospects need. It should be short enough to hold the audience’s attention span and at the same time contains just about the correct information.
Different videos for various categories of cases could be informative for prospects from diverse industries.
2. Brand Building – Your brand is arguably the most valuable asset that your law firm owns. Every interaction you have with your prospects is an opportunity to connect and tell your brand story. It’s a way to express your values, what you stand for, and who you are.
A strong brand building must be part of your marketing strategy, and video can be perfectly blended into it. Besides educating potential clients, video content will also help create a brand for lawyers and law firms. In addition, video can help you build more solid relationships with customers. It ultimately leads to more trust and brand loyalty.
People like to do business with organizations they are familiar with. Your videos will help build a relationship with your audience and solidify trust with your brand that you can leverage when you need it.
3. Increased Engagement and Reach – Using video to promote your law firm services, educate your customers and prospects, or even close a deal isn’t all that difficult.
With the increase in the popularity of YouTube and the rise of social media channels like IGTV, Instagram Stories, TikTok, & Facebook, there’s no limit for you to repurpose your videos to suit the platform. Create and distribute diverse videos for all the digital and social media channels on the internet. It will drastically improve the engagement and reach of your target audience.
Types of Video Content Ideas For Law Firm Marketing
1. Explainer Videos – A study indicates that nearly 40 million people suffer accidental injuries every year. Most of them don’t file a personal injury claim because they’re uncertain how it works. Producing a series of explainer videos about how the process works is a great way to tap into this market.
2. Client Testimonials – Most legal clients generally arrive via referrals and word of mouth. They will likely do some independent research on your firm before giving you a call, even those who get a recommendation from a family member or a friend.
A delightful video of a happy and satisfied customer can be very impactful as a testimonial video. It gives your target audience a firsthand account of how your services help them solve their problem. Thus, it is a powerful video marketing tool, especially for legal businesses like law firms.
Testimonials are user-generated content. It’s authentic and cuts through the noise in a cluttered digital landscape. For example, 75% of prospects trust customer views, whereas only 25% trust advertising.
3. Q&A Videos – Question and answer videos are a great information tool and an excellent way to get the attention of your target audience.
Find out the most popular questions people ask using a tool like Google Keyword Planner and turn them into a video asset.
Collect all the common questions you get asked on your social media pages and in the YouTube comment section of your videos to learn what kind of questions your audience is asking. Then, convert them into videos and distribute them across all the platforms.
4. Announcements – Creating a video for all the critical announcements is an excellent way to attract prospects to pay attention to your message. Announcement videos are typically short in length but provide vital information about your law firm.
5. Case Studies – Potential clients usually want to know that you have successfully handled cases like theirs and achieved positive results. It may not be possible to cover all the categories of cases, but you can showcase some of your experience and past achievements with video case studies.
Create some videos of your firm’s lawyers walking through a specific case from beginning to end. Then, ask the client to testify about how your firm solved their legal issue if they’re comfortable. It gives potential clients a good understanding of what they might expect from their case and your firm.