Google My Business for Law Firms, Is It Worth It?
You have to “claim your page!”
Have you heard that exhortation recently when you discussed marketing with a fellow lawyer? Most likely, the colorful litigator pushing you to “claim your page” is talking about a great feature that will help increase the visibility of your law firm website. That feature is called Google My Business.
Now, before you get nervous and worry that you are not ‘keeping up with the Joneses’ because you have not “claimed your page” yet, it is important to take a step back and understand a little more about Google My Business. Conveniently, that is what we are going to talk about today.
In this article, we cover a little background on Google My Business, and explain more about what it means to “claim your page.” If, after reading this article, you want more information on small and mid-size law firm marketing, then we welcome you to reach out to Oamii, we do internet marketing in West Palm Beach.
We can help you market your firm so you can build your book of business. Not only do we assist with a lawyer website, PPC, and video marketing, but we are here to help you with your internet marketing in West Palm Beach.
We are up and running at full speed during the Covid-19 crisis. So, we invite you to contact us for internet marketing in West Palm Beach. Our Oamii SEO company in West Palm Beach, Florida can provide effective marketing services that are second to none, at a reasonable price point. Contact us today by filling out our online contact form, or by calling us at 561-228-4111.
What is Google My Business?
Google My Business is a way to create a listing for your business on Google. With the Google My Business feature, you not only can create a listing for your business on Google, but you can manage your company’s appearance on one of the world’s most popular online search engines.
Google My Business makes it simple to:
1. Provide fundamental business info like hours, and phone number;
2. Make it easy to get directions to your law firm;
3. Increase the number of reviews your business receives, and interact with the reviewers; and
4. Include photos of your business. Google My Business is free. You can sign up and create an account for free, and you can manage your listing for free.
Why do you want Google My Business for your firm?
There are a number of reasons why your law firm should take some time to manage a Google My Business account, i.e., “claim your page.”
1. As noted, it is free. In short, marketing can be expensive. Thus, having this feature that will not make a dent in your marketing budget is well worth the effort.
2. It generates leads. One of the most important factors, if not the most important factor, for users is finding a law firm that is local. Whenever a user runs a Google search for law firms “near me,” your Google My Business page will come up if you are local to the user. In fact, some studies have shown that about one-half of all Google searches are for “queries with local intent,” in other words people looking for “law firms near me,” or “employment lawyer near me,” etc.
3. It helps your Google ranking. Ranking on a search engine is very important. The more your firm is visible on Google, the better chance you have of getting noticed by potential clients. Thus, optimizing and maintain your Google My Business profile will maximize your ranking in search results.
How do you set up a profile?
The set up for a Google My Business profile is quite easy.
Step 1 – Go to the Google My Business page and click on “Manage Now”
Step 2 – Search for your business name, to make sure that no one else has claimed your business name. You may be surprised to learn that you have already set up your Google My Business page, but forgot you did it.
Step 3 – If your business name is not listed, and you did not forget that you already set up a profile, then click on the link to add your business.
Step 4 – Enter the basic info about your law firm.
Step 5 – Verify the listing.
Once you are up and running with your Google My Business listing, the sky is the limit. You can manage as frequently or as infrequently as you like. Yet, you can rest assured that you have increased your visibility on Google just by creating the profile.
Let Oamii Help You Create and Manage your Google My Business Listing
Oamii is laser focused on digital marketing for law firms. Let us help you. We dedicate ourselves to optimizing your legal web design to deliver quality content to bring in new business. We have the tools and the team to make sure that your brand, your webpage, and your firm are top-of-mind.
When you invest in marketing for your law firm, you want to work with an agency that brings your law firm the best results and understands the temperature of the marketplace. You want to get the most out of your advertising budget and get the best return on investment.
As law firm marketing consultants in West Palm Beach, Oamii provides quality products and services to our clients while keeping their best interests in mind, making use the best legal marketing agency in West Palm Beach, Florida. Our deliverables are always provided on schedule, budget, and scope.
Indeed, our company provides a comprehensive range of business marketing solutions that allow our clients to efficiently grow their businesses. We stand behind our commitments by ensuring exceptional services, quality leadership and technical expertise. As a result, we have become a leader in the West Palm Beach digital marketing arena. Furthermore, we also provide software engineering consulting services to both private and public sector clients. These services include project management, software development, testing, quality assurance and much more for desktop, mobile and cloud applications. We help our clients align their software development life cycle with business goals while dramatically reducing development and maintenance costs.
You have a choice with your marketing dollars and resources. If you want to increase your marketing reach and want a company that focuses on SEO for law firms, then look to the help of an experienced, professional, West Palm Beach internet marketing company. Look no further than Oamii to crack the code on how to improve your marketing game. We welcome you to contact us at Oamii to help you market your firm and build your book of business. Please fill out our online contact form, or call us at 561-228-4111 today.