Digital Marketing Strategy for Construction Companies in 2022
With the increase in competition, it’s become essential for construction companies to have an impeccable digital marketing strategy in place.
Most construction companies don’t work with a strategy and only settle with basic things like creating a website and a Facebook page. These are the businesses that experience a lag in their circle of competition.
In today’s world, where being digitally active and thriving is a must, you can settle with mid-range tactics. You need to level up your digital marketing game for construction companies to outperform your competitors and be there for your audiences. Following are some of the crucial digital marketing activities to be included in your overall marketing strategy.
1. Search Engine Optimization
Today, the biggest competition you have with your competitors in the construction niche is on the internet. The world is getting digitized, and today’s online presence matters the most. In this race of being better than competitors and being available when people look for businesses like you, you need to do several things to be in line with others. In other words, you must take care of your search engine results to ensure that you appear higher when people look for a business like yours. That’s why you must invest your resources into search engine optimization.
2. Create Google My Business Listing
Using Google My Business can help your online presence in countless ways. If you have been following the search results on Google, you surely know about Google’s local-3 pack. You might be knowing that getting placed in one of these is highly difficult.
You significantly increase your odds of making it onto this highly sought-after list by listing your business on GMB. Customers will add reviews to your business and leave feedback for others to see after a successful listing.
3. Add Website to Search Console
Google’s Search Console (formerly known as Webmasters Tool) is a boon for digital marketing for construction companies. Out of the many benefits of Search Console, the most significant one is that it helps you rank faster on Google. Apart from that, Search Console helps you identify keywords and queries that perform well, find the efficiency of your Schema Markup, pick broken and inappropriate links within and towards your website, and find other index errors that make you unsuccessful.
4. Invest in PPC Advertising
Pay-per-click (PPC) advertising is the best way to drive construction companies’ traffic, conversions, and sales. Unlike search engine optimization, PPC advertising allows you to target your ideal audience precisely. Not only this, PPC ads tend to appear higher on the search engine result pages (SERPs). So start placing strategically-designed advertisements for your construction company on search engines.
5. On-page Website Optimization
This is nothing but various crafting practices web pages that answer searchers’ questions. In other words, all the efforts you take on your website so that it ranks higher can be classified as on-page SEO tactics. According to Moz’s cheat sheet of ranking factors as of 2019, several factors under various categories determine how your website will perform on search engines. Some of the things that you must do on your construction company’s website include:
1. Keyword Research: Keyword research is the starting part of any digital marketing strategy. One can conduct keyword research using tools like keyword planner, SEMrush, or Ahrefs, which will allow you to find the target keywords for all of your website pages.
2. Keyword Usage: Once you have all your short and long-tail keywords, it’s time to use them in the right places. Use the relevant keywords in the title tags, header tags, image alt tags, web page URL, and the meta description tag correctly for every webpage.
3. Proper Content Creation: Create relevant, informational, current, and valuable content for your website. Your web pages must have long-form content with strategically-placed keywords so that people can read everything well.
4. Image Optimization: Use the right images that align with your web page content. Use these images as opportunities to help your website’s SEO. Put ALT texts, captions, and descriptions to every image so that the search engines know what the images are all about. In other words, search engines will “read” the images.
5. Correct Linking: Choose the right anchor texts for the internal and external links. The anchor texts, URLs, and landing pages should complement each other and make sense. Don’t put too many links to a single webpage, as doing so many seem like forced SEO efforts.
6. Website Responsiveness: Your target audience may view and use your construction company’s website on their smartphones. Ensure that your website functions smoothly on all devices. All the graphics and text should be optimized for laptops, tablets, and smartphones.
6. Off-page Website Optimization
Off-page SEO will help increase your website pages’ domain and page authority. But unlike on-page SEO, off-page SEO is not related to optimizing your site or content itself. Instead, it uses tactics outside your website that still help your website perform better than before on search engines.
Backlinking is one of the most significant off-page activities in your overall search engine optimization strategy. The easiest way to do this is guest blogging. Find the right portals to guest blog on relevant topics and get started. Besides guest blogging, try participating in online discussions and forums related to construction topics. With your name, you can drop the URL of your website so that people know you and your website.
7. Content Marketing
There’s no one single reason why they say “content is king.” Digital marketing for construction companies is practically impossible without good content. Whether your website, online ads, blog, or social media, you need brilliant content everywhere.
Have a content marketing strategy and focus on producing content that will benefit your target audience. It’s essential to have a content calendar in place for construction companies. Produce content in articles, videos, slideshares, ebooks, and infographics.
Together, these tips and guidelines are nothing but just the tip of the iceberg. There are plenty of tactics that you must follow throughout, right from the day you start your construction business. Thinking about the same can be too overwhelming. That’s when you must consider hiring a digital marketing company like Oamii to look after your online presence and success.