8 Stellar Ideas for Pest Control Marketing
Pests are the bane of everybody’s existence. Businesses and residences all hate them because they spell trouble and want to get rid of them. It is precisely for this reason; pest control businesses are booming. Nevertheless, competition is so stiff even in this industry that only the most competent and the competitive survive. To make a niche for your pest control business, you need to market yourself just right. Today, more than half the war is won by marketing yourself and the rest by your services. So how do you market your business, and what are those stellar ideas for pest control marketing that can help you rise above the rest?
Stellar Ideas For Pest Control Marketing
1. Build An Exceptional Website – The website is the face of your business which most people will visit first. Almost all your clients and prospective clients are online, so you need to ensure that you leave a positive impact on their minds. With a website, it’s all about appearance and user experience. Therefore, your business website should fulfill the following essentials:
1. It should be easy to navigate.
2. It should have current contact info.
3. It should clearly state what you do and how your business is different.
4. All links should lead to the correct landing page.
5. The website should be informative with original and quality content supported by high-quality images.
6. You should have an associated blog.
7. Publish client testimonials along with any awards won by your business and industry affiliations.
8. Your social media handles should also be mentioned and linked.
9. It should have relevant Call To Action (CTA) buttons.
2. Search Engine Optimization – Having an excellent website but not being visible on the search engines is the cause of the downfall of most businesses. Until and unless your website makes itself visible on the first page of popular search engines like Google and Bing, your business is doomed. To rise in online ranks, you need to do continuous Search Engine Optimization. Some businesses think it’s a one-time activity, but it isn’t. Some quick issues to address are:
1. Creating a secure website which is possible only by purchasing an SSL certificate.
2. Ensure that your business website is mobile-friendly as well.
3. Get quality backlinks.
4. Update title tags, meta descriptions, and schema markups on all pages.
5. Ensure all images are optimized.
6. Pay special attention to the length and quality of content on each page.
7. Blog industry-specific, which in your case is pest control, and link back to your website.
8. Be attentive about local SEO.
3. Build Your My Business Page On Google – The Google My Business or GMB page is where most people visit to gather information. They look there for your working hours, contact information, location, offers, etc. If your GMB is not updated, they move on to the next one whose complete information is available. To make the most of your GMB, ensure that you fill out and keep updated:
1. Your business categories and description.
2. Your hours of operation.
3. Your business contact info along with the online booking button.
4. Photos of your business.
5. The offers and discounts given by your business.
6. FAQs that are asked more often than not with their answers.
4. Make Videos – Videos are the current rage. If your business is not making them, you are losing out on a large audience that could become your clients in the future. Videos should be relevant to your business, shot professionally in high definitions with clear audio, and have links to your blog. Videos add to your SEO efforts. Hence, never take them lightly.
5. Pay Per Click Ads – Digital ads are the best way to attract your audience. You bid for the right set of keywords and support them with relevant ads. Although it may sound stupid to pay the advertiser when somebody clicks on your ad, there’s a way to go about it.
1. Create ad campaigns that you can turn off at your convenience.
2. Keep a flexible budget option.
3. Only people with high intent will click on your ads, not everyone.
4. Since these ads are targeted, always pick the best set of long-tail keywords.
6. Gather And Post Online Reviews – Everybody checks online reviews. When you buy a product, you always check what others who purchased the same thing had to say about it. The same is true for services. Hence ask your clients for their feedback and request them to post reviews of their experience.
7. Social Media Marketing – Make your business profile on all the popular social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc. Now leverage the power of these diverse platforms to attract new clients. These platforms are the most strategic way to build your brand reputation and let people know about your business. Additionally, you can use it to attract a wider audience and build your lists.
8. Enter Relevant Business Directories – The yellow pages of the telephone directory are a thing of the past. Now, clients flock to online directories to look up information about a business. Become a part of all possible online directories relevant to your business because you never know who is looking for you.
Pest control marketing is all about strategizing. Have a plan of action and pursue it to achieve your end goals. But once you achieve them, don’t stop because marketing is all about continuous hard work. If you stop your efforts once you achieve the business goals, you will fade away from the public’s minds. There is nothing worse than that. Once it happens, you have to start from the bottom to rise, and by then, your competitors are already way ahead in the game.
Pest control is a competitive business. Your reputation in the local market can make or mar your business standing. Therefore, pay special attention to building the business in the local area. Only once you rule the local area can you think of reaching out to a broader audience. If necessary, take the help of a marketing expert to place your business just right. That one small move can spell a whole lot of difference.