5 Pest Control Marketing Ideas To Generate New Leads
The pest control industry is one of the most rapidly growing industries in the USA. One has to go through many hardships to start a pest control business as it is a highly regulated and competitive industry. You also need to get your certification and choose your market.
The pest control industry is forecasted to have a market value of over $28 billion by 2026. There is a vast opportunity to capture the highest market share by creating compelling brand awareness among the target audience. The only way to withstand the competition is to adapt and implement the latest digital marketing strategies. Here are the eight best pest control marketing ideas that can help you acquire more leads and customers.
1. Professional Pest Control Website
A website is a foundation to market your pest control business. It gives potential customers a way to learn more about your business. It is also the first point of interaction for most of your prospects who would find you organically on search engines like google.
A website makes your company look professional and allows prospects to book appointments for your pest control services.
Ensure that your pest control website has your contact information, service area, and a detailed list of services you provide. Display all the certifications, licenses, insurance, and client testimonials to gain trust from prospects.
Reach out to us at Oamii if you need help creating your pest control website. We are experts in marketing pest control businesses. Our team will design and plan a layout that suits your business goals.
2. Search Engine Optimization
Building your website is just a starting point of marketing your pest control business digitally. Search engine optimization (SEO) is the next step towards building credibility and reaching out to your prospects organically.
It is a process that involves optimizing your content, so it ranks higher on search engines like Google and Bing. The goal of SEO is to rank higher on SERPs for your focus keywords. The best part of SEO is that you don’t need to spend much on advertising campaigns if you rank well for all your focus keywords.
Following are a few best practices to initiate your SEO process
1. Start with keyword research: Start by identifying search terms that your potential clients are looking for on search engines. Use free tools like Google keyword planner(GKP) or premium tools like SEMrush to do your keyword research. Optimize the content on your landing pages and blogs to meet the needs of these specific search terms.
2. Optimize title tags and meta descriptions: SEO is categorized into on-page and off-page SEO. Optimizing title tags and meta descriptions come under on-page SEO. It is a process of including target keywords in meta descriptions and title tags on your site whenever possible. Google prioritizes web pages that seem the most relevant based on these tags.
3. Build backlinks: Another important metric Google uses to identify top sites is backlinks. Backlinking is a part of off-page SEO. Backlinks are mentions that give credibility and trust to your website. Your domain authority and ranking will improve when a website that is related to the pest control industry with the highest domain authority links to your website. The quality of backlinks is more important than quantity. To build backlinks, reach out to relevant businesses, influencers, and bloggers in your industry and offer to write guest articles or ask them to link to one of your resources.
4. Internal linking: Internal linking is a process of linking from one page on your website to another page. Don’t just link to random pages. You want these links to be relevant and help the reader to understand the context.
3. Digital Advertising
You can plan Google ads if you have a budget to invest more in pest control digital marketing. Unlike SEO, they give you instant results.
Local Services Ads (Google LSA) and Search Ads are the most popular options that best suit pest control businesses. These options are different in many ways:
1. You need to create a separate Google LSA account to execute local service ads. You cannot execute them on a regular Google ads(AdWords) account.
2. You pay per click with regular Search Ads, but you pay per lead with Google LSA.
3. The ads appear in different locations on the search results page, with local services ads appearing on top of Google search ads.
Local Services ads work well if you’re beginning and have a small budget. You get charged only when you get a lead. But Google Ads works well if you have a bigger budget and want to reach a broader audience.
4. Referral Programs
Referrals are the most effective marketing tactic for any pest control business. If clients are happy with your services, they tell their friends and family about your business. If you want your clients to refer your business proactively, rewarding them is a brilliant idea.
However, most businesses do not know how to implement referral programs successfully. You can always reach out to our team if you need assistance with referral programs.
5. Improve Local SEO
Local SEO is a process of listing your pest control business on the google my business database. When people search for terms like “pest control near me,” Google displays local results above the regular search results. It lists the top three businesses in the area that provide consumers’ services in a local pack.
The first step to beat out the competition is setting up and claiming your business on Google My Business, which collects the essential information. You want your business to be in the local pack listings. The easiest way to do this is to improve your local SEO.
In addition to Google My Business optimization, reviews play a crucial role in local SEO rankings. Google prioritizes websites that have good reviews and ones where business owners are responsive. Oamii can help you gather online reviews from customers and offer sentiment analysis to see what’s working and improve what isn’t.